Basic Health & Safety Induction
This is the most basic introductory health & safety course on offer. It is aimed to raise awareness and teach employees how to handle health & safety issues, thus reducing injuries in the workplace. The objective is to encourage all employees to adopt and create a healthy and safe atmosphere at work. It should be seen as one of the minimum requirements to be met by company employees when being inspected by governing bodies such as the Department of Labour.
- Certificate is valid for one year
- Employee duties and responsibilities
- PPE (personal protective equipment)
- Safety in the workplace
- Fire awareness and evacuation
- Environmental awareness
- Stacking, storage and electrical guidelines
- Safety signs
- Emergency Evacuation
- The course is to be presented on a 75% theoretical and 25% practical basis.
The candidate is evaluated during the duration of the course. There are no written examinations.
- A compulsory teacher/ student evaluation will be done during the duration of the
course, and learner competency must be demonstrated to be found competent and certified.