Level Three First Aid Course
This is the most advanced first-aid level that can be achieved. We recommend that all supervisors working for large companies get trained in level three first aid. This will ensure a very high standard of patient care and help reduce further injuries at places of employment. Please see below for course content.
- Duration - 3 days ( 24 Hours )
- Entry Requirement – Valid Level 2 certificate. English read/write proficiency.
- Certificate is valid for three years
- Principals of emergency care & safety
- Emergency scene management
- Artificial respiration
- One & Two Rescuer C.P.R.
- Child & Infant C.P.R.
- Choking, wounds & bleeding
- Shock, unconsciousness & fainting
- Fractures, burns, head & spinal injuries
- Joint injuries (sport injuries)
- Chest & eye injuries
- Multiple injury management
- Abdominal Pelvic injuries
- Environmental illnesses & injuries
- Poisoning, bites & stings
- Chest pain, diabetes, epilepsy & convulsions
- Drowning & diving accidents
- Elementary & applied anatomy & physiology
- Rescue carries
- Emergency equipment
- Legal implications & Ethics related to emergency care evaluation
- Emergency Child birth
- Behavioural emergencies
- Special patients and oxygen therapy
- The candidate is evaluated during the duration of the course. There are written, oral & practical assessments.
- An overall average of 50% must be obtained to successfully complete the course.
- Compulsory competency C.P.R. is required.